Timezone : UTC+08:00
Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
Visa: Not required for Malaysian
Took Air Asia flight from KLIA2, Kuala Lumpur to Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport Bali. Once touched down, I was quite surprise to see the new look of the airport. Big and new! Another new update since the last time I was in Bali (2012) is that, there’s no more airport departure tax! Yeayyy for that!
There are a few ways you can get around Bali. You can rent your own car or motorbike (you will need to have an International Driving Permit), walk (if within the city), take a taxi (use Blue Bird since it’s quite cheap & the the most reliable taxi company) or hire a driver (I did this for 3 days tour)
DRIVER SERVICE FOR BALI TOUR
My second time hiring Pak Bram as our supir (driver). He drove a Suzuki MPV, which can fit 7 people and the price is per car, not per head. Price includes car+petrol+driver. I fully recommend Pak Bram if you are looking for a driver in Bali. For the itinerary, you can have a look at mine (2012 trip Itinerary), or you can also ask Pak Bram for recommended itinerary.
- NAME: Pak Bram
- PHONE NO: +628123922449
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- WEBSITE: http://bestbalitour-bram.blogspot.com
Stayed at Odua Ozz Kuta Hotel. Good location, nice room with comfortable bed and friendly and helpful staff. If I were to go to Bali again, I will consider staying at this hotel one more time!
There are a lot of interesting places in Bali to visit. For this trip, I didn’t visit many places since it’s so hot and I bring along my 7 months old baby with me.
Here are some places that I went to this year. For more listing of interesting places, visit my previous post on Bali here – Bali 2012 Trip
- Uluwatu – Pura by the cliff. Just be careful with the monkeys here. Keep your sunglasses in your bag because they might steal it
- Jimbaran Bay – a nice & romantic place to enjoy dinner on the beach while watching sunset. This year I went there twice at tried 2 restaurants. I fully recommend to eat at Legong. Their food taste nicer and the staff are way more helpful and friendly
- Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, Bedugul
- Pacung – enjoy lunch with rice terrace view
- Coffee Plantation
- Ole-ole Hawaii Bali
- Agong Bali
- Krishna (went to 2 Krishna outlet, one is near Agong Bali and another one is near the airport)
- Discovery Mall
- Lippo Mall
- Legian Street
- Kuta Art Market
View my previous post on Bali: My FIRST SOLO Getaway – Bali, Indonesia