Why Melaka again? Because Melaka is only 3 hours drive with places to visit and food to eat (one main reason I went there was to eat chicken rice ball at Ee Ji Ban). So basically in December 2016, December 2017 and December 2018 I was in Melaka!
Timezone : GMT +08:00
Currency: Ringgit Malaysia (RM or MYR)
In 2017, wanted to stay at Hatten Hotel but mistakenly book a room at Hatten Place instead! Only realize its not the correct hotel during checkin at Hatte Hotel! However in 2018, booked a correct room at Hatten Hotel.
Hatten Place, Melaka – room booked was small (but there are also suites) however room is clean. Have an infinity pool overlooking the Strait of Malacca. Kids pool was under a roof so they can swim even when the sun is out! The Hotel is also linked to the new mall, Element Mall.
Hatten Hotel, Melaka – Booked a Deluxe Suite, room size is Ok (although not that big for a suite but good enough for me & my family and since all rooms are actually suites). Pool is also good and clean but please make sure to wear swimming attire. We had our breakfast at the Sky Lounge overlooking Malacca city (which is quite famous if you google night time in Melaka). Food is a bit limited and I do believe they need to improve their sambal for nasi lemak. The main reason to stay here is that most shopping complex and tourist attractions are within walking distance and so does Ee Ji Ban (the famous chicken rice place!)
INTERESTING PLACES & THINGS TO DO
Everytime I went to Melaka, there’s always a new thing to discover!
- The Shore Oceanarium – An interactive marine life exhibit where your are also given a quiz to solve and can win a prize at the end of your visit! Ticket price: Adult RM33, Children 3 – 12 years old and senior citizen RM23.50. The entrance fee also incluse free magnet (Received 3 magnets since there were 3 of us)
- Melaka Zoo – Visited Melaka Zoo 2 years in a row since my son loves animals! At first we took the train however it ended really fast and we are not able to really see the animals so we walk another round and the little boy was happy! Ticket price: Adult RM22.50 or RM16.90 (with MyKad), Children 4 – 12 years old RM16.90 or RM6.75 (with MyKad).
- Freeport A’Famosa Outlet Village – refer to my previous post HERE
- The Shore – refer to my previous post HERE
- Jonker Street – refer to my previous post HERE
- River Cruise – refer to my previous post HERE
- The Stadhuys – refer to my previous post HERE
- A Famosa or Porta de Santiago – refer to my previous post HERE
- Maritime Museum of Malacca – refer to my previous post HERE
My no one recommendation would be Ee Ji Ban (located on Jalan Melaka Raya 3) which is a famous Halal shop selling chicken rice ball. I would also recommend to order the sambal sotong (squid) and udang (prawn)!
More reading on Melaka from my previous post: