Timezone : GMT +08:00
Currency: Ringgit Malaysia (RM or MYR)
I was looking through Air Asia‘s website (because I knew they are having some sort of a promotion) and I was lucky that I manage to get a GREAT DEAL for a return flight ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru! Only RM78 for a two-way (return) ticket!! Besides flying there, you can also take a bus or drive there directly.
Since this getaway is meant to be a ‘cheap’ getaway, decided to stay at Tune Hotels. The rate is cheap, but it depends on what ‘add-on’ service(s) you required during your stay. The lesser the ‘add-on’, the cheaper the rate will be. Based on the rate that I have paid for, my comment for Tune Hotels, Danga Bay is … SATISFACTORY! The bed is comfortable and I love the power shower 😉
Most of the time I just take a taxi (except for going to Legoland, took a shuttle bus). Here’s a number to call if you need one. Usually i will call the Public Cab
- Public Cab: 07-241 3111
- Mawar Radio Taxi: 07-235 2020
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
These are some of the things I did during my visit to Johor Bahru.
- Danga Bay – used to be a hip & lively place but now there are lesser people visiting this place. It’s a nice place to take photos though 😉
- Legoland Malaysia – On 15 September 2012, Legoland Malaysia was officially open to the public. To go there from Tune Hotel, you can just take a shuttle bus; RM15 for a return ticket, from and to hotel.
|Ticket||Reg. price||Online (7-Days Advance Booking)|
|1-Day Ticket Adult (12-59)||RM 140||RM 105|
|1-Day Ticket Child (3-11)||RM 110||RM 82.50|
|1-Day Ticket Senior (60+)||RM 110||RM 82.50|
|Use the LEGOLAND Annual Pass on all days of regular park operation including weekends, public and school holidays at LEGOLAND Malaysia for a full 12 months.|
|LEGOLAND Annual Pass (Adult, 12-59 years old)||RM275 / SGD115|
|LEGOLAND Annual Pass (Child, 3-11 years old)||RM210 / SGD88|
|LEGOLAND Annual Pass (Senior, 60+ years old)||RM210 / SGD88|
- Johor Premium Outlets – Johor Premium Outlets @ JPO, is a place where you can get original branded stuff at a cheaper price! Coach, Salvatore Ferragamo, Nike, Adidas, Guess, La Senza & more!!
- Shopping & other entertainment – Went to Johor Bahru City Square & KSL City Mall for dining, shopping & movie 🙂
For more readings on Johor Bahru:
- http://www.dangabay.com/ (OFFICIAL)
- http://www.legoland.com.my/ (OFFICIAL)