31 August 1957 … it has been 55 years … and still counting!!
May we remain living in a peaceful country!
To all Malaysians … SELAMAT HARI MERDEKA!!
By the way, i’m proud to say that … SAYA ANAK MALAYSIA!!
This is nice!
I haven’t tried this recipe (because i don’t really cook) but it looks yummy!!
2 pounds potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
coarse sea salt
3 garlic cloves
1. Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
2. Peel the potatoes, leave the smaller potatoes whole and cut the bigger ones in half (or even in three). Make sure all potatoes end up similarly sized. Give them a good wash.
3. Give one of the lemons a wash also. We’ll be using its zest.
4. The zest is where all the flavor is, so grab a bowl and grate it. Make sure you don’t grate too far because the white pithy stuff underneath the yellow zest can be very bitter. Also add the juice of both lemons.
5. Get 4 tbsp oil, a really, really good pinch of black pepper, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (no more than this), a heaping tsp oregano and 3 garlic cloves in there (grated or chopped of course). Officially you’re supposed to use Greek oregano but well, I don’t have any, so this will have to do.
6. Now pour in 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
7. Give everything a twirl!
8. Transfer the potatoes to a baking dish.
9. Now pour the dressing on top and dig your hands in there, toss everything around to coat all the potatoes.
10. Sprinkle a royal amount of coarse sea salt and some dried parsley on top. The sea salt will give a great crunch after they’re baked, the parsley just makes it look pretty.
11. The last step is to up the colors a nudge. Use a small sieve to sprinkle a little paprika powder on top. This won’t add a whole lot of flavor but we don’t need the flavor, what we do need it for is to intensify the color of the golden crust we’re after in a simple way.
12. Put them in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, take them out, flip them over and put them back in for another 20 minutes. Check for readiness.
13. Serve with a royal amount of chopped fresh parsley sprinkled all over.
For step by step photos, visit the source at: http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/roasted-lemon-potatoes
Taken from: http://pinterest.com/pin/34269647135525888/
My friend talk about this during lunch today so I decided to search for the video.
THIS IS DAMN AWESOMEEEE!!! (later I will need to buy 1 egg to try out 😛 )
Thanks Ivan Tay for sharing!
Taken from: http://pinterest.com/pin/132011832797009945/
Heard about this on radio this morning on FlyFM (95.8) … quite funny! Let’s gangnam the super kampung style!! 😛
FlyFM official website: http://www.flyfm.com.my/